Marketing guru (no relation) Seth Godin shares his insights on collaborating with a designer (link).We’d start by breaking down #5 - clearly outlining your goals:
- Where do you want to be in 3-5 years?
- See Guru Virtue 10: Vision . Design is an investment, returns should continue for years.
- What makes you different?
- Don’t compare, redefine the playing field.
- What do you want people to say about you?
- How will you get them to say it?
- Who will you be addressing?
- What do you want your product/website/material to accomplish?
- How do you intend on introducting your new venture?
- How will you manage this project during and after roll-out?
- What do you, the client project lead(s), spend most of your day doing?
- How much (and what kind of) time can you dedicate to this new venture?
Those last two items are most important - at 12gurus we “infiltrate, relate, and collaborate” for success - if we can’t get face time with your team we’ll have a hard time expressing your voice. A close relationship keeps projects on-track and allows for quick adaptation – you’ll end up with version 2 on the 1st try